Patty Smith Hall

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Today, I'm getting a taste of my life to come. Jennifer is back at MSU and Carly is in Orlando on a school trip so here I am. The whole day ahead of me and looking forward to hours and hours of uninterrupted writing time.

I've got to say, as much as I love my girls, I think I'm going to like being an empty nester.

So in a few minutes, I'm getting up from here, packing up my computer, notes and pens, getting dressed and heading off to the local library. I don't know why but I get more done writing in that little study room than I ever could here at home. It's probably because I feel guilty, looking around at all the things that should be done. So off I go.

And when I come home, I feel so much better, like I've accomplished something huge with my day. It doesn't matter if I get 500 words or 2000 words down, I've done something creative, using the talents that the Lord has given me.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home