Patty Smith Hall

Saturday, March 14, 2009

I don't know if it's the possiblity of having lupus or what but I slept until 9:30 this morning. This is out of the ordinary for me--I'm usually up and going by 7:30 or 8 on the weekends. But not today.

So after a quick breakfast, I got dressed and drove to the library for some writing time. The online classes and simply asking questions from people I respect have opened up the flood gates--last week, I wrote right at 4500 words, not a lot but more than I usually do in the average week. I'm excited about where the story in going--I may even get the first draft finished by the end of April.

I came home to get ready for Mikey's funeral service--he was a friend of Jennifer's who passed away last week after a five month struggle with Non-Hogkins Lympoma. Only Jennifer couldn't handle the thought of saying good-bye--Mikey had already been cremated and she just couldn't stand the thought of not 'seeing' him. I tried to talk her into going, told her about how she needed to mourn and have closure, but she said she didn't want closure. I don't think she feels good about it but it was her choice and she has to live with her decision.

So with no funeral to attend, I laid down on the couch and fell asleep for a couple of hours. Can't get over how tired I am but I guess that 's a normal part of this process. I woke up just in time for us to go to church with Dan. Busy day!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Eileen Astels Watson said...

I'm sorry to hear this. You've had one tough week, girl!

Praying being lifted.

5:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home